Thursday, January 3, 2013

Meet my bestfriend...

This is Ross.
 
 
 
He is 20 years old.
 
 
 
He is a sophomore in college.
 
 
 
& he is my boyfriend<3
 
 
 
Ok, ok enough with all the pictures.
 
Ross and I went to rivalry schools.  My friend and I used to hang out all the time with Ross's best friend, Jared and a few other people from that school. Ross and I would talk, but I didn't try to be close friends with him because he had a girlfriend. And with all the girls thinking that 8th graders were "stealing" their men- it didn't seem like a good idea. So we were distant friends.

In February of 2011, Jared texted me and asked if I wanted to go to church with him. When I got there, I saw that he invited Ross too. I sat by Ross and we talked about relationships and dating issues. I texted Ross about 2 days later to see if his problem was resolved. After that, he texted me every day. We become really great friends. It was awesome to have a friend that you can tell everything to,
and you know that they won't judge you.

Well, weeks went by, and then one day, Ross told me that he needed to tell me something. He said that he had a crush on someone, but he didn't know what to do because it would never work. I tried to ask him about it but he wouldn't tell me anything. Finally, after bugging and bugging, he finally told me that he liked me. He then asked if I liked him. I didn't want to ruin our friendship...and...to be honest...I was a lil' scared of getting hurt. I told him that i had a cotton-candy crush.

Meaning: I like you but in time, the feelings would go away...

They didn't.

He kept picking on me about how my cotton candy wasn't fading.

I finally give in.

The first time we ever hung out was after church at a burger king. I never noticed how similar we were. It was actually kinda freaky at first. Weeks went on and on. We hung out whenever we could. It was awesome to be able to hang out with him and not try to hide that we liked each other.

His church started a Wednesday night dating series. We both decided to go so just-in-case we ever did date, it would be with the right mind set. On June 15, 2011, after about 4 times going there, Ross decided to take me to a park after church. He took me to the bridge and told me that he couldn't think of one reason why we shouldn't be dating. He proceeded to ask me to be his girlfriend.

I WAS SO EXCITED.

My actual best friend became my boyfriend. He is still my best friend today. We still tell each other everything! Some people have even told us that we act more like best friends rather than like we are together. Isn't that how it's suppose to be? To be in love with your best friend?...I think so.



Ross and I have been dating for 19 months on January 15, 2013.
And this was how my best friend became my boyfriend.
-Arielle-
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment