Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Bad & The Good

In the past week, I got bad and good news.
 
 
(back story)
Every since volleyball, my shoulder had been KILLING me when I used it.
I toughed it out till the end of the season, though.
When I finally Did go to the doctor's,
he told me that I had a shoulder impingement.
That's when muscles get strained and push on a bone in the shoulder.
It makes the bone bend into the rotator cuff.
I did all the therapy, but the doc. said I only improved 10%.
He thought it was the therapy, so he sent me off to another one.
That didn't help At All.
He wanted to get a second or even third opinion before we did anything.
(end of back story)
 
 
 
 
This week I went to see another doctor for that 2nd opinion.
 He told me that I have capsulitis.
There are only 2 options for my condition.
 
 
 
1) Have surgery, have my arm in a sling for 3 months, and go through therapy.
 
That whole option would take 1 year to get better.
or
 
2) Go to therapy for another 3-6 months and do home therapy for another 6 months.
 
That option is going to take up to a year also!
 
 
 
- -  so that is the bad news - -
~now for the good news~
 
 
 
When I got home on Saturday from a friend's house,
I found Ross at my house:)
He surprised me with a dozen red roses<3
It made my entire week 10x better!
 
 
Thank you babe!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
-Arielle-

0 comments:

Post a Comment